British Canoeing is the governing body for Paddlesport within the UK and our Club is affiliated Canoe England which is part of BC.
As an affiliated club to the British Canoeing (BC) :-
All our coaches keep their BC qualifications up to date by regularly attending a number of courses, e.g. First Aid courses every 3 years, Coaching update courses every 3 years, and other personal BC paddlesport courses, in order to keep their skills up to date.
- We support BC’s “Access” campaign which aims to increase our access rights to rivers within the UK especially in England and Wales where access rights to rivers are often disputed.
- We support BC’s campaign to promote and encourage young people to participate in paddlesport.
- We are able to purchase River licences so Club members have access to rivers on Club Trips.
We adopt many of the Policies and Procedures which BC have developed to ensure all paddlesport activities, within the Club are organised in an efficient, safe and equitable manner. Therefore the structure and running of the Club is heavily influenced by BC.
- We are supported by BC through our membership of BC’s London Region.
- We encourage all Club members to support the work of BC by considering joining BC as individual members
- We can seek support from the different departments within BC, .e.g. the Safeguarding team, the Access campaign, Touring Awards, Competitions etc.